Encyclopedia of Women and Gender: Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender
- About the Editor-in-Chief and Executive Advisory Board
- How to Use the Encyclopedia
- Abortion and Its Health Effects and
- Academic Aspirations and Degree Attainment of Women and
- Academic Environments: Gender and Ethnicity in U.S. Higher Education and
- Adolescent Gender Development , , and
- Affirmative Action and
- Aggression and Gender
- Agoraphobia, Panic Disorder, and Gender and
- Anxiety and
- Career Achievement: Opportunities and Barriers
- Child Abuse: Physical and Sexual and
- Child Care: Options and Outcomes , , and
- Chronic Illness Adjustment
- Classroom and School Climate and
- Counseling and Psychotherapy: Gender, Race/Ethnicity, and Sexuality and
- Cross-Cultural Gender Roles
- Cross-Cultural Sexual Practices
- Safer Sex Behaviors
- Self-Esteem and
- Self-Fulfilling Prophesies and
- Sex between Therapists and Clients
- Sex Difference Research: Cognitive Abilities
- Sex-Related Difference Research: Personality
- Sex Segregation in Education and
- Sexual Harassment , , and
- Sexuality and Sexual Desire and
- Sexuality Education: What Is It, Who Gets It, and Does It Work? and
- Sexually Transmitted Infections and Their Consequences
- Social Constructionist Theory
- Social Identity
- Social Role Theory of Sex Differences and Similarities
- Social Support
- Sport and Athletics
- Stress and Coping , , and
- Substance Abuse and
I. Introduction II. Reproductive Decision Making III. Contraceptive Effectiveness and Practice IV. Reasons for Ending an...
JUDITH WORELL is professor emerita and past chair of the Department of Educational and Counseling Psychology at the University of...
JANET SHIBLEY HYDE is chair of the Department of Psychology and Helen Thompson Woolley Professor of Psychology and Women's Studies at...
I. Introduction II. Social Forces and Women's Educational Opportunities III. Women's Participation in Higher Education: 1870–2000 ...
I. Academic Background, Mission, and Community Need II. Status and Hierarchy in Academia III. Gender Roles and Stereotyped Practices ...
I. Gender and Academic Achievement II. Gender/Sex and Adult Occupational Choice and Success III. Eccles' Expectancy-Value Model of...
I. Introduction II. Gender Identity III. Gender Roles IV. Socializing Agents or Influences on Gender Roles in Adolescence V....
I. What Is Affirmative Action? II. Why Is Affirmative Action Needed? III. What Reactions Are Provoked by Affirmative Action? IV....
I. Overview II. Gendered Violence in Childhood III. Gendered Violence in Adolescence IV. Gendered Violence in Adulthood V....
I. The Demographic and Research Framework II. Physical and Cognitive Aging III. Personality and Mental Health IV. Relationships...
I. Agoraphobia: An Overview II. Agoraphobia and Panic Disorder: DSM-IV III. Clinical Characteristics of the Agoraphobic Syndrome ...
I. Theories II. Language III. Research IV. Workplace V. Family VI. Conclusions Glossary Gender...
I. The Emotion of Anger II. The Relationship of Anger to Aggression III. The Social-Relational Perspective on Anger IV. Women's...
I. Anxiety as a Construct and the Measurement of Anxiety II. Anxiety as a Normal Emotion III. Anxiety as a Symptom IV. The...
I. Introduction II. Previous Reviews III. Limitations of Past Research IV. Behavioral Studies of Gender and Assertiveness V....